Update Your Profile
Northwestern Scholars not only makes use of the automated import of Scopus publications, it leverages databases and other data sources across Northwestern:
- Appointment and Graduate Program membership data are imported from the university's Human Resource information system (myHR)
- Current awarded grant data that may be publicly shown are included and sourced from grants databases administered by the Office for Research (InfoEd), Lurie Children's Hospital, and the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
- Research interests and research statements have been imported from various School databases or entered from CVs or information provided by individual faculty members
- Core facilities data comes from the Office for Research, Core Facilities Administration webpages
- Patent data is provided by the Innovation and New Ventures Office (INVO)
- Data for Feinberg School of Medicine faculty is set up to be synched on a nightly basis with the Feinberg Faculty Profile database to bring in manually entered data from that system (currently on hold due to Feinberg system development)
While this approach to automatically import content from these sources assures a very high level of quality, faculty input is always welcome. If your publications and other types of scholarly output seem to be missing, if publications that are not yours appear in your profile, or if you have other changes, please contact Northwestern Scholars Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will be happy to assist you.
Adding Other Data to a Profile
In order to create a more representative profile, additional information may be added. At present, all faculty members or their proxies may send their updates to the Northwestern Scholars Support to add to the system. Information that may be added includes a research statement, keywords, education, other academic achievements including artistic and non-textual research works, as well as any publications or scholarly accomplishments not available through the Scopus citation and indexing database.